Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Vitaloni Mirrors?

When I bought my '71 914-6 conversion, it came with a set of power Vitaloni mirrors painted to match the car, but not mounted. I would like to mount them but need base gaskets. The problem is, I don't what came off out, thus don't what to ask for in the way of gaskets. Not to mention where to get the gaskets. These are the numbers on the mirror: 01*38694, III e3, 31330. If anyone can identify these mirrors and/or know someone who does, I would really appreicate your assistance. I did search around the "NET" for Vitaloni and struck out.
Old 09-28-1998, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Did Vitaloni mirrors come stock on Porsches?
Old 09-30-1998, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

All I need is an address or phone number. Someone out there has got to know something. Please!
Old 10-02-1998, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I did a search with Yahoo and found some pictures of Vitaloni mirrors on a Lancia. Sure do not look like they were OEM on a 914. There were also several places that sold them and a couple of sites all in Italian that I did not pursue.
Old 10-02-1998, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

I've got a bunch of these at our shop, including some that are on a car that I think I can take off. Give us a call at 1-888-280-7799, and Tom can take a look for you.

-Wayne
Old 10-02-1998, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
I agree with Brian on the looks. I have the "baby tornado" mirrors (very popular ugly black plastic aftermarket ones). Sometimes, when trying to use them, I find myself wishing they were even bigger. The stock ones, about 20% smaller, would be worse in that respect.

I'm going to (eventually) get a convex glass cut for the stock mirrors I have. They will eventually go on the car, but due to some serious stupidity on the part of a DPO, that'll have to wait for a repaint.

--DD
Old 10-05-1998, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I apologize for the confusion. I realize that Vitaloni's did not come stock on any 914's. My question is, did they come stock on ANY Porsche?
Old 10-05-1998, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman007 View Post
When I bought my '71 914-6 conversion, it came with a set of power Vitaloni mirrors painted to match the car, but not mounted. I would like to mount them but need base gaskets. The problem is, I don't what came off out, thus don't what to ask for in the way of gaskets. Not to mention where to get the gaskets. These are the numbers on the mirror: 01*38694, III e3, 31330. If anyone can identify these mirrors and/or know someone who does, I would really appreicate your assistance. I did search around the "NET" for Vitaloni and struck out.

These mirrors came in Alfa Romeo gtv6, if you are interested in selling, let me know.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
You can get most of the old styles and gaskets, etc from this guy

http://www.talbotco.com/vitaloni_mirrors.html
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 11-01-2008, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

WOW! did someone really dig up a 10 year old thread wanting to buy some parts?
Old 11-03-2008, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: