Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to wcballance Send a message via Yahoo to wcballance
Porsche Crest Need PPI Recommendation in Cincinnati, OH

I found what looks to be a nice 914 in Cincinnati, OH. I'm looking for recommendations on where to have it taken for a PPI. I contacted the current owner and found out there is some rust around the batter tray and that the e-brake doesn't work. Driver's floorboard will probably also need to be replaced. While not trivial problems, I believe they can be fixed. I want to make sure that's it, though.

Any recommendations? Any Pelicans in the area care to check it out?
2001 Boxster

"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of Sun God robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?" -Chris Knight
Old 04-17-2007, 08:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
In case anyone was wondering...

I found someone in the Ohio Valley PCA that recommended Ken Farler with Farler Performance. Ken's shop is located at 1966 Shaker Rd., Franklin, OH 45005. The phone number there is 513-932-1535. Ken told me that the inspection should take about an hour and he can bill me over the
phone.

Now that I've found someone to do a PPI , the owner is reluctant to take the time to run it by the shop. He's gotten interest from a number of other potential buyers and he thinks he may be able to make an easier sale. That's certainly his right, but it bums me out a little. I guess I'll keep looking.
2001 Boxster

"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of Sun God robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?" -Chris Knight
Old 04-18-2007, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Bummer, but there are a number of us in the Buckeye, so if you run across any other prospects, drop a line here and I'm sure someone will step up to help.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Re: Need PPI Recommendation in Cincinnati, OH

Quote:
Originally posted by wcballance
I found what looks to be a nice 914 in Cincinnati, OH. I'm looking for recommendations on where to have it taken for a PPI. I contacted the current owner and found out there is some rust around the batter tray and that the e-brake doesn't work. Driver's floorboard will probably also need to be replaced. While not trivial problems, I believe they can be fixed. I want to make sure that's it, though.

Any recommendations? Any Pelicans in the area care to check it out?
It wouldn't happen to be the black 73 2.0 with Mahle wheels, would it? I already looked at it. I passed. PM me for more details.

Waaaay too many previous Porsches (25+) and VW's (50+) to list
Old 04-18-2007, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Not sure what shape 914 you are looking for, but I know of one in a Junk yard in Hamilton, OH. Rough but does have some nice parts on it.

Owner doesn't want to sell parts off of it. He wants to sell it whole. Could be brought back to life with alot of work.

Jim
Old 04-19-2007, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I'm looking for a car that could be driven and might need only a little work. I want to end up with a very nice driver that would show well at local events.
2001 Boxster

Old 04-20-2007, 03:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

OK. Better forget about this one. This would be a project car at the best. Its a 73 or 74 if anyone is interested. Not sure of the motor.

Jim
Old 04-20-2007, 04:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: