Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

914 Owners in Northeast?(PA,NJ,CT,NY)

Hey there,

I recently bought a '76 914 in what I thought was decent shape, but recently found out that the rust damage is definitely terminal. Unfortunately I had already bought the car when I found out what to look for _before_ buying...

It ran alright when I was looking at it, and taking it for a spin around the neighborhood sold me on it, plus the PO promised that "all it needs is a little work..." yeah right.

The body panels are in good shape except for the front right, its got a small dent. The PO gave me new floor pans with the "deal".
The 2.0 engine is in rough shape, but it does run. The side-shifter tranny doesn't crunch or anything.
Its got Weber 40s on it, just rebuilt last week.

So, I'm looking to find anyone locally interested in a parts car, or in pieces of it....I'm located in Northeast PA but travel somewhat regularly to Connecticut, Rhode Island, NJ, NY, and Virginia...

If you know of any other forum to find people looking for a 914 parts car, let me know too!

Thanks for your help!
Matt.
mdlepard@hotmail.com

Old 10-21-1998, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Where/how bad is the rust? I wish I had the room for a parts car. My garage barely fits me + the car. If I have to use a big tool I have to move it outside.

Do you know of any NE region 914 owners club?
Old 10-22-1998, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: