Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hella 55/60 or 55/100 Headlight??

I want to upgrade my lights. I used to run Cibie Z Beams until the state that I lived in inspected the car and made me switch. I changed to Phillips Halogens at that time.

Now that I am in a more(less) enlightened state I want to go back to a european pattern, my Phillips are getting cloudy. I am wondering whether the standard bulb will be a good enough improvement or do I need to bother with relays and upgrade to 55/100 bulbs? How difficult is it to change the bulbs, how long should it take, and how tough is it to install relays? I was told that a relay is needed for each headlight.

I live in the country and thus get to use high beams more often than most people. What would forum members advise?
Old 10-19-1998, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Hi there. We just put a new tech article on upgrading your headlamps. Check it out in the whatsnew section, and it should answer all your questions.

Thanks,

Wayne
Old 10-24-1998, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: