Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Please help with brakes

just removed my rear brake pads that where pretty much rusted to the pistons and rotors from two years of storage. The pistons where not moving. I got the pads out and when I tried to adjust the pistons with the adjuster screws I lost some fluid and the pistons tightened up on the rotors with no pads on. What do I do. It seems that when I try to adjust the pistons in and out I'm not getting any movement. I've never tried this before and it's very frustrating right now. Any help, suggestions or even a picture of how I'm supposed to tackle this would be very much appreciated. Exactly how do you use the adjusters? do I loosen the nut and then use the hex screw. As you can tell I'm totally lost. Thanks

Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to jamcleod
my guess is that you can "adjust" the adjustment screw too far so the piston "comes off the adjustment" screw, kinda like if you had a bolt in one hand and a nut in the other and you turn the bolt so much you eventually unscrew the nut so turning the bolt doesn't do anything. hard to explain. so i think the solution is to put a little pressure on the piston and turn the adjuster to rethread the piston back on the adjuster.

then again, the solution is to send the rear calipers to eric shea for exchange....

73 914 2.0 CIS #80
74 914 1.8L L-jet
83 911SC
Old 08-07-2007, 04:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: