Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914-914-6-technical-forum/)
-   -   74 2.0 64k mi. IDF44 webers. (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914-914-6-technical-forum/369892-74-2-0-64k-mi-idf44-webers.html)

lbreen 10-18-2007 05:35 PM

Hi, there is one for sale on the world for 275 , plus ship. (jake raby) A new one is about the same price as the used one.??? Have put new rotary pump. and plugged return . Have smaller venturi's to install. Also just got the Weber tech book. Will try out this weekend! lb

lbreen 10-19-2007 12:58 PM

Be careful what you mention on any forum. Before I could get educated about Jake Raby.....I got educated and someone bought the dizzy that was offered to me first. Not everyone is your brother. Oh well horay for the good people though. Plenty of them on this forum. Cheers.

Twystd1 10-19-2007 08:50 PM

Ibreen,

The Mallory isn't your only option.. As per our conversation.

A Pertronix Ignitor, (replaces points) in a bone stock, rebuilt dizzy MAY be a less expensive and worth while venture.

I can pick up a stock dizzy for you at the swap meet this weekend...????????? (probably about 35 - 45 bucks)

NOTE: Apparently Jake is no longer going to sell the Mallory Unilite Dizzy. He has had too many failures as of late.
(As per his web site)

Clayton

Twystd1 10-19-2007 08:51 PM

Rebuild the dizzy yourself or have a pro do it (If it needs rebuilding)

DO NOT buy a stock dizzy at any FLAPS.... Odds are it will be out of tolerance.

Clayton

lbreen 10-20-2007 09:00 AM

Yes, will pay pal or bank check you for that plus expenses to ship with pay pal cost. Going to check for fuel leaks. Closed off return and put in small rotary pump. Eliminated regulator. Just read a thread on how rotary pumps" self regulate" by design, as compared to noisy faucets and other style pumps. To check for leaks, turn ignition on, fill carb bowls look for leaks in lines. Or fuel spilling in carb throats from float. thanks lb

Twystd1 10-20-2007 06:02 PM

If there are any available on the cheap. i will pick it up for you.

NOTE: One of the guys that works here at Pelican will be at this 914 only swap meet.

Lots of good guys.

Well lets see what I can come up with. I will post back Monday night.

Clayton

Twystd1 10-21-2007 08:34 PM

I got you a dizzy....

The deal is this. I am gunna go through your dizzy this week and send it too you.

You install it and dial it in. If it works better for you. (It should)

You in turn, send you're 009 to Greg Robbins in Arizona. He needs 09s for his formula Vee spec car.

He GAVE me that dizzy when I told him about your plight. He just wants you to send him your 009 in recompense. Kewl...?????

Let me know what ya want to do..............?????????

Clayton

lbreen 10-22-2007 07:11 PM

That's really a very nice thing to do. I will gladly send it to him. Thank You very much. I did want

to say, that I drove the car Sunday for a couple of hours, on the Interstate as well as in town

I think it helped the motor to have the proper size pump. It still accelerated at a steady rate.

A little smoother, though, when it got warm (85 or so ), it acted a little stumbly. Worked better

at colder temps. Still rich from the vents needing changed, as well as probably jets. A good

step though, Thanks much, Larry Breen

Twystd1 10-22-2007 08:51 PM

Larry,

As soon as I figure out how to get my PMs from this site.. i will send ya one.....

Clayton