Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Front Mounted Fuel Pump

A few questions.

My car is carbed. The previous owner mounted the pump under the engine tray behind the pasengers seat.

1. Why mount it up front?

2. What do I need to do to be able to do this?

3. Will I have to pull the fuel tank?

Looking for opinions.

1980 911SC Targa - Sold
1972 914 - Sold
Old 10-06-2007, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
you will reduce the chance of vapor lock by relocating, you will have to pull the fuel tank, you should replace the plastic lines through the tunnel while you are at it, all the rubber ones and the injector seals too, but that is up to you..

Not to mention the anti-christ or anything, but I think auto atlanta has a kit that reproduces the fuel pump blister the '75+'76 cars had for the trunk that would facilitate the procedure. My stock pump is relocated to the area near the steering rack

Aristotle
Old 10-07-2007, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: