Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
I hate freight charges

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to village idiot
Bad wheel bearings and a coupla q's

Hey Gang,

While going over some items of concern I found I have a couple of bad wheel bearings. Left front and rear show a bit of play,and both front rotors have a bit of warp to them. Now I know the rear is just an R&R(as far as the bearing) deal, but the front gives me reason to ask a few questions.

First, my car has had the front rotors/hubs drilled for 5 lug already. I'd like to replace/upgrade them as I have the strut housings, hubs, rotors and discs from a 1967 912.

Second, I also have the 912's rear rotors, calipers and hubs.

Are any of the 912 parts of any use?

Thanks!
78 911SC SC to 73RS imposter SCWDP crew #50 and 51
1969 Camaro "The new project"
Old 10-14-2007, 11:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
You can bolt on the front struts with the brakes and such. That will give you factory five-lug stuff right there. Don't know what calipers the 67 912 would use (perhaps M for solid rotors?) but you'll need to get whatever will work for calipers. Rebuild the calipers and replace the bearings; no telling when those were last done.

The 912 rear stuff isn't a whole lot of use, unless you like fabrication... It's almost the same as 911 stuff, so you can search on "911 rear brake" on this forum to see what some people have done.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 10-15-2007, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
I hate freight charges

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to village idiot
Thanks Dave. I do have the 912 calipers as well so I may just buy new 912 rotors and the caliper rebuild kits that you mentioned.

I may as well get new strut inserts while I'm at it too, unless the 914 inserts can be used in the 912 housings.

Thanks again!
78 911SC SC to 73RS imposter SCWDP crew #50 and 51
1969 Camaro "The new project"
Old 10-15-2007, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: