Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Pedrini Wheel Fit ??

In the Tech History of the 914 Wheels, Dave states "Early Pedrini's will not fit on later (hubcentric) cars." What is a hubcentric car? There is a set of wheels on ebay, and I don't know if they will fit my 74 914 1.8. Can anyone help by looking at the hub photo from ebay and let me know? Thanks. bandjoey
Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
JW Apostate

That bevel cut from the picture is relief to clear the hubcentric ring on the front hubs.
those will probally fit. Mine are the same way.

Wanna buy mine?

KT
'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
'73 914
Old 10-22-2007, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Yeah, it looks kinda like it--but tough to tell from the little pic.

If the part number on the back side ends in ".01", they definitely will fit. If it ends in ".00", they will only fit if they've been machined to do so by a previous owner.

Hub-centric front wheels start with the 73 model year, though as always there may be some cars on either side of the model-year boundary with the "wrong" parts...

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkor View Post
That bevel cut from the picture is relief to clear the hubcentric ring on the front hubs.
those will probally fit. Mine are the same way.

Wanna buy mine?

KT
I have four like that, one that is a later one, always figured they were cast that way. As Dave sez, 00 and 01 on part #. One is not beveled out quite enough, as evidenced by ring of wear. Have a good pic on another computer I got them to put on a bug, but like them when they are pimped out a bit, polish the ribs and powdercoat them black, will look sharp on an orange or silver car with a black top

need to get some lug bolts
"Keep your eye on one thing and one thing only: how much government is spending, because thatís the true tax ... If youíre not paying for it in the form of explicit taxes, youíre paying for it indirectly in the form of inflation or in the form of borrowing."
Milton Friedman
Old 10-23-2007, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: