Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Off-idle hesitation

I have a '75 2.0, completely stock except for stainless exhaust, Bursch muffler, and an XR700 ignition unit. The car runs great, with plenty of power and reasonable mileage.
However, my problem continues to be an "off-idle" hesitation, which is more of a nuisance thing. All of the usual suspects have been checked and replaced: throttle switch, cyl. head temp sensor, all vacuum lines, etc. Also, the car has been tuned up, the throttle switch adjusted to factory spec, and everything else I can think of that might be causing the hesitation has been examined. I have had this hesitation since I've owned the car. The electronic ignition changeover has not helped.

The hesitation is a nuisance because it occurs when pulling away from a stop in 1st, when accelerating at low RPMs, and is also noticeable during cruise when the throttle is barely open.

I believe what's happening is that the fuel pump is being turned off and on intermittently, and I am now theorizing that a worn throttle shaft housing is causing the throttle switch to open and close its contacts when it shouldn't.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!

Dan
Old 11-19-1998, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

To confirm if it is the throttle switch, try unplugging it and see if the initial problem goes away.
Old 11-21-1998, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: