Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

third brake light

I would like ideas about adding a 12"-14" third brake light on my son's 914. The rear deck (leading and trailing edges) rear window (top and bottom) and traling edge of removeable top are being considered. What will work best???
Old 11-22-1998, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I plan on doing the same thing myself. I've seen one other 914 with the third brake light, he told me that he used the LED's from a Nissan 300 ZX rear spoiler, not the whole spoiler just the LED's, the width was about 12" wide by about 3/8" tall, it was mounted under the lip of the roof (not directly to removable roof, but onto targa roll bar ). Very clean install !! I would recommend installing it as high as possible ( same location as above ) since these cars are so low. The LED type lights supposedly light a few milliseconds quicker than normal lights so it could buy you a little better reaction time from the guy behind you.
Mike
Old 11-23-1998, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: