Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Help for our troops

I posted this on the Porsche 911 Tech forum:

Well fellow Pelican members, it's the Christmas and Holiday Season. A time of caring and giving. Wayne and Pelican parts have graciously allowed me to post this request.

I was moved by 2 stories I recently heard. One directly and the other on the TV. Firstly, my oldest daughter is in a class with a boy who has a brother serving with the Canadian forces (joint with US troops) in Afghanistan. His cel telephone bill was $700 in October, calling home to keep in touch with family and friends. Also, on TV I saw a story about a couple of kids that raised several thousand dollars in their local community (in Indiana I think???) to help out a soldier from their town that rang up an $8000 phone bill.

This got me thinking and motivated. I have a friend that distributes pre-paid phone cards and may be able to give me a wholesale price on any sized purchase. What I'd like to do is ask for small donations from members/guests and friends - $5, $10 or ??? - to purchase pre-paid phone cards. All proceeds (after Paypal fees) would go to buy the cards and I would send them off via our troop support organizations. They would be distributed in Afghanistan, Iraq and elsewhere I would think. I do not profit at all and would do all the leg work for nothing, not that it's that much anyway. Also, there's no tax deductions for me or any donor.

If you can, great. The easiest way to donate is through Paypal. I've setup a Paypal account - troopcalls@gmail.com. I'll post status updates with amounts and donor names if so desired. Anonymous is fine too. If not, that's OK too. Maybe you can help in other ways.

Feel free to email or message me using the PP message system. Thanks and happiest of Holidays to all!

Mike

If your interested or can help, it's best if you can follow the thread by clicking on the link below. Thanks.

Help for the troops
Old 12-12-2007, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Version III is underway. Check out the main thread here and please donate if you can:

Help for the Troops III
Old 11-22-2008, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Version IV is underway. Click on the link below and please help if you can.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/off-topic-discussions/504400-troopcalls-iv-help-our-troops.html
Old 10-11-2009, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: