Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

What Fuse panel Do I Have??

'74 1.8, mfg. date is 12-73 and the car is registered as a 74.

The cover is missing from the fuse panel, and there is no lable or marks I can see as to the size of each fuse or what the position is.

On the Pelican Tech Specks electrical page, there is a different fuse panel on 73 to 74.

The spec page in my original 74 owners manual shows the fuse diagram for the 73 that's on Pelicans page. ?? How can I identify the exact fuse panel ?
Thanks and Merry Christmask All!
Old 12-22-2007, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I've been hoping to gleen this info too.... Anyone who has info about the different fuses and ratings between the different years, please share.

In the mean time, here is a link to what I've been able to gather so far:

http://4nets.com/baldwinpowersports/914fuses.htm
Old 12-23-2007, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Sadly, as many of us know, the Factory wasn't that good about making "model year" changes exactly on the changeover in model years. In many cases, cars from early in one model year still had parts from the previous model year...

What fuses do you currently have in the fuse box? That may give you an idea of which version you have.

Another thing you can do is to sit down with the wiring diagrams for 73 and 74, and look at what things are connected to each fuse. Figure out a definite difference, and then dig out your multimeter and start testing...

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 12-25-2007, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Here is a link to the 1974 fuse list. Made from the factory wiring diagrams.

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/zRareDoc22.pdf
Old 12-25-2007, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: