Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Oil Squirters

Hi, I had some squirter installed, but I feel there are not in the best angle. I have also seen where others have installed squirter oil supply on the exterior with just nozzles on the interior. Does anyone know of a machine shop in Souther California that can add squirter in a more proper location?

The picture on top, in my opnion is correct. The second pic, is mine, I really feel there are not in the proper location.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Give Walt at Competition Engineering a ring. They've got a solid rep for machining 911 engine parts. (Looks like both your photos are of a 911 crankcase?)

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 01-01-2008, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Type IV

Hi Dave the second pic is of my case, and its type IV. I will need machine done to my case again, to add squirter in a better place. I'll leave the one in place and add to fix it.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
You can still see what Walt has to say. CE doesn't have as much experience with Type IVs as 911 engines, but they do have some. You can also see if Jake Raby at aircooledtechnology.com or Len Hoffman at haminc.biz have any notions about the squirters. They've built and machined (respectively) more than a few high-performance Type IV motors.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 01-01-2008, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I showed the picts to my 914 mentor and he said the location of the hole was not as important as to it's direction of squirting the oil. As long as the oil is hitting its intended target then its point of origin can vary. Have you checked the possible flow pattern and flow direction with a piece of wire? It might be okay as is?
Old 01-01-2008, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Check

Hi John, no I have not checked in any way the angle. I'm told the Porsche squirter has a pressure relief. I wonder just what kind of pressure it will take to squirt. I will need to test it.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The genuine squirters need more than 20 PSI of pressure to function, so pressure isn't lost at idle speeds... You can lose serious dynamic pressure at idle without the squirters, especially with hotter oil..

The angle of those should be fine...
US Patents:8,992,089/ 9,416,697/ 9,687,974/ 9,909,369
'64 356C Outlaw,'76 912E,95 993,89 964 &'88 Carrera
Old 01-03-2008, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Wonderful

Hi, thanks for your response, however let me be clear; my case is the second one. If the second case is ok, I can move on with clearancing the case for my 88 stroke

Thanks again.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: