Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

Poll: Stock with trim or aftermarket rubber
Poll Options
Stock with trim or aftermarket rubber

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Windshield Trim

In taking the trim off and noticing how much crap had accumulated in there, it occurred to me that having rubber without the trim would not do this, but is it something that would leak using a seal like that. Appreciate any opinions or experiences.

BTW, have all the trim and new clips already, so it ain't a money or equipment thing
"Keep your eye on one thing and one thing only: how much government is spending, because thatís the true tax ... If youíre not paying for it in the form of explicit taxes, youíre paying for it indirectly in the form of inflation or in the form of borrowing."
Milton Friedman

Last edited by Tobra; 01-11-2008 at 06:19 AM..
Old 01-11-2008, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Seem to remember reading somewhere about Safelite being able to do this without the trim, anyone know?
"Keep your eye on one thing and one thing only: how much government is spending, because thatís the true tax ... If youíre not paying for it in the form of explicit taxes, youíre paying for it indirectly in the form of inflation or in the form of borrowing."
Milton Friedman
Old 01-24-2008, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I think the trim is funky. Rust or not, I don't know, but I'd like the look of something cleaner.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I prefer the metal trim, but I intend to buy some rubber trim as a hedge against the day when the metal trim is no longer available.
2000 Silverado
2011 Golf
Old 01-24-2008, 04:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Black looks SOOO much better than shiny. IMHO.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
not so much how it looks to me, there was just so much crap under it, sort of like the rockers on the side, but those are easy to clean out
Milton Friedman
Old 01-25-2008, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: