Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool DFW TX 914 Drivers Wanted

I want to meet up with other 914 owners in the DFW TX area. I'm in the early stages of a 914 rebuild that needs everything rebuilt. Some days, as ya'll know, especially after my Wife's rants on that old junk heap in the garage, or a part that just wont fit, I'm ready to go to the Ebay Motors God and sell this rusty hulk....and then remember why I bought the car...and can't wait to get it running! I bought a 70 914-6 from Forest Lane Porsche in Dallas back in the old college days. Wow what a car!. I kept it for a couple a years until my Bro missed a corner and ran over a stop sign - the ones with concrete filled posts. Boy how I wish I'd bought that car from the insurance company and rebuilt it. If wishes were fishes, we'd be up to our asses in basses!

Send me a message with email, and I'll start a mail list for anyone wanting to talk. I know I can use help on my car, and You Might too! Bandjoey

PS And THANKs to Pelican for all the help I've already seen!
Pss. And don't anyone tell my wife what I've spent on parts!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hey bud, I'm in Arlington and have a '74. I sold my '71 last year to a guy in Forney who I still keep in touch with. That's 3 including yours. A guy named Clay and his wife (2 more) and my brother is looking to sell or trade his chopper for a nice /6 conversion.

Where are you located?
Old 01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

you may want to go to these 914 sites also.....

http://www.914world.com/index.php

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thanks. I've posted there and picked up one other local guy. The local Porsche club seems to be 911 vs 914. There is a geat 914 club in Houston, and it'd be fun to start a group in the DFW area. I'm collecting emails as they come in and will post a time and place in the near future.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I agree... a local 914 Club would be cool.

I also think it would be cool to get enough guys together in the 914 locals to head out to one of the local tracks and have a 914 only race. I have been trying to find some good 914 footage on youtube and while there is some great stuff, I think it would be neat to rig several cameras up on several or all of the local cars and make the best 914 racing video produced so far.

Not just all race cars but everyone's 914's, slow and fast and run them all together like Le Mans.

If Houston has a decent Club, we could hit the track in College Station and run club against club? For fun...
Old 01-23-2008, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Search on YouTube for "914 WCC" or "914 WCC 2005". The 914club (which hadn't at that point split into 914club and 914world) ran a West Coast Classic event, which included a track day at Streets of Willows. I'd be surprised if there weren't some video of it around somewhere.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 01-23-2008, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave at Pelican Parts View Post
Search on YouTube for "914 WCC" or "914 WCC 2005". The 914club (which hadn't at that point split into 914club and 914world) ran a West Coast Classic event, which included a track day at Streets of Willows. I'd be surprised if there weren't some video of it around somewhere.

--DD
Thanks Dave! No video links left online that I can find but, the pics are DEAD ON to what I am talking about.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=12962

Man that looks like it was a cool time!

We need a Texas one!
Old 01-23-2008, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

The new server is up and the photos are back online..
Old 01-27-2008, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Dfw 914 Owners

Where and When...I have a 76 with 911 turbo flairs front and back.
Runs great the only drawback is the motor is 1.8 instead of the original 2.0.
Still a ongoing project.
Any help would be helpful regarding body work and wheel sizing.
It has 7 & 8 replica Fuchs and would like to go to 18".
Thanks,
Old 02-12-2008, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

914-6

I am very close I live in Bedford located in between dallas and fortworth. I have been working on a 914 and quickly learning the good and the bad. I have been mostly active on this project my self but at age 16 I would like to hear an learn something from previous owners. This is my first car it now has a 2.2 high compression 911 pretty much rs motor wlthat is weber carburated please keep me up because I would love to have a 914 get together
Old 08-15-2014, 08:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: