Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post Facet fuel pump...

Are these things inherently leaky? I'm on my second one in about a year. Its leaking from the corner of the "box", not at any fittings. Its probably only a drop every hour or so and I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't doing another job in the area. Any other options to replace it or am I just worrying about nothing here? Thanks again all.
Old 10-18-2001, 11:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

noisy too. Carter makes a small low pressure in-line type, available at various auto parts stores. World Pac sells a #912fpmp that works perfect for carbs, too. they're wholesale, so you would have to get it from a shop that deals with them. pelican probably deals with world pac.
Old 10-18-2001, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SteveStromberg Send a message via Yahoo to SteveStromberg
Try a Mazda Rx-7 pump you can get one at Pick-u-Part for under Ten Bucks.Steve
Old 10-19-2001, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Are you running carbs?

My 72 is carbed and I use a Walbro pump, part number WEP 38. Never a problem 6 years, never even looked at it since installed. Actually I replaced the fuel lines last year.

Its adjustable from 1.75 to 5 psi, preset at 2.5.

The noise is almost nil.

------------------
CWP/VIR
72 914 L20E in rusto.
73 914 L20E 2.0L in resto.
a914lover73@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Conrad W Peden (edited 10-19-2001).]
Old 10-19-2001, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to drumvudu
I would seriously recommend an inline pump. YOu can't even hear them run. I run one inline and use the small inline pressure regulator and have never had a problem. Ask Mike G. about the difference in noise between the two.peter
Old 10-21-2001, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks all. It is a 74 2.0 with dual Webers. I was looking through some Porsche catalogs and almost all sell the facet! Do they even try out the mdse. before they sell them? I'll take this bb's advice anytime! I'll start my search for the new pump. Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Found a link for someone who sells the Walbro pump:
http://www.seamar.com/gohtml/seamar_accessories/accessories_41.html

If it makes a diff they are made in the USA.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Conrad, thanks for the post. I think I'll go that route. What psi are you running with it? Again, thanks.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to josh912
The walbro pumps are great. Thats what I had on the 912 and had no problems at all.

------------------
Joshua Harrison
Porsche owner at heart
Old 10-23-2001, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: