Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post Grassroots Motorsports-Dec. issue

FYI:

This may be old news to some, but Grassroots Motorsports magazine is doing a series of articles on a 914 rebuild (and I noticed that Pelican Parts was mentioned not once, but twice!), interesting reading.

Old 10-25-2001, 12:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

And they got 110 hp using the stock fuel injection (or should I say: modified) and an aftermarket cam. Good stuff.
Bee Jay
a picture of my car
http://www.pelicanparts.com/swapmeet_pics/Santa_Barbara_01/Pic57.jpg
Old 10-25-2001, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I think I remember reading something about blocking off the oil filter by-pass port. Can anyone elaborate on this concept?
Old 10-25-2001, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Special K:
FYI:

This may be old news to some, but Grassroots Motorsports magazine is doing a series of articles on a 914 rebuild (and I noticed that Pelican Parts was mentioned not once, but twice!), interesting reading.
I'm a subscriber, and am thrilled to see the coverage, especially since my 914 is very similar (i.e. 1973 2.0 in Zambezi Green). Only difference is the interior... mine is tan, their's is black. Also, mine has been converted to carbs by a previous owner, whereas their's has kept the stock fuel injection.

FWIW, Info and pics of my car can be seen via the link in my signature below.

I am looking forward to following the rebuild series, and hoping to somewhat mirror their success on mine, where possible.

It's great to see 914s in the media. It's not too often they get much exposure.

Jim

------------------
Jim Griffin
JGriff@JGriff.com
www.JGriff.com

My Porsche 914
Old 10-29-2001, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to oredith Send a message via Yahoo to oredith
Wink

actually, the 914 is quite popular with the magazine editor-type crowd.. Tim at GRM is a big fan (i think has owned 1 or 2), and Doug, editor at R&T owned a VERY nice, orange 914 which he sold recently at an insanely low price.. so i'd say, though they might not get that much coverage, they're far from not-being-appreciated..

Jeff
Old 10-29-2001, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
They took the bypass out because it has a tendency to not work as designed and does not give the filter a chance to do it's job. I don't have the article in front of me, but I also theink it said that it will not send oil to the external oil cooler if used with the sandwhich plate....thus cutting down on cooling for motors that need it the most.

The 110hp was a number that was achieved by porting and polishing the heads, screwing with the MPS and fuel pressures and using a dyno to verify tune and hp numbers.....not a back yard mechanic type of deal....the cost was 6K plus. Good if you are racing in a limited displacement class...not good if you just want some ooomph....no replacement for displacement.

Your Mileage May Vary.....
Old 10-29-2001, 02:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: