Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post Torsion Bars

I searched past posts and never really found a good answer to my question... Are the 23mm torsion bars "streetable" or should I just go with the 22's. I am planning on the hollow Weltmeister's. If anyone has any experience please let me know.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Shoot man anything is streetable as long as you don't mind a bone jarring ride. I you have the Koni adjustable shocks these will soften it a little. 23MM are supposed to be pretty stiff. My car is stiff but don't know what is in it. I assume it is not stock since this car was being set up for strictly autocross. Now it is going to be my daily driver: Way low, no carpet, no sound pad, Headers, Corbeau forza seats. Soon to have 5 lug. 44 IDF's.
Old 10-29-2001, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

I have been told that there's not a huge noticable difference between the "feel" and performance between 22's and 23's. I am going with the 22 hollows on my car, with 180lb rears. That's supposedly a nice balanced setup. We'll see!

------------------
Chris C.
73 914 2.0
70 911E Targa
campbell.chris@gte.net
Old 10-29-2001, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to oredith Send a message via Yahoo to oredith
Lightbulb

i agree with chris..

at least that's what i hear.. 22mm is a STIFF ride though, if you've got koni inserts (speaking from experience).. at full stiff, the front will actually bounce on a bumpy freeway (i've got 19mm sway bar, but that doesn't make a difference on street driving in a straight line).. at full soft (konis), it's *bareable*.. the car is being turned into a full track car with the same setup with coil-over rears with 180lb.. no rear sway bar..

if this car is a "daily driver" with occasional track events.. i'd opt for the 21mm, or maybe even weaker.. ??..
Old 10-29-2001, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: