Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Talking 914 brain mount

i have a 1974 914 2.0....my brain box sits down behind the engine....there dose not seem to be a place to mount it....do they sell after market mounts...or am i missing something.....thanks again to everyone that answers these questions....john c.
Old 11-05-2001, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The ecu bolts to the front of the battery tray. If the tray has been replaced with sheet metal you may not have one. Its part # 914 618 013 10 Retaining plate. Most of the time they rust away with the battery tray. Post a WTB in the classifieds. Someone running Carbs may have one for sale. Good Luck.

------------------
Duane
'76 912E, '73 914,
& '76 VW BUS (ALL 2.0L)
Old 11-05-2001, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

On my '74 the ecu is mounted to the firewall with a simple bracket. Doesn't look factory but works.
Old 11-05-2001, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

If your car had a/c installed, the ecu was moved from the battery tray location to the firewall so that the hoses for the a/c could run forward. I have a 74 and my ecu bolts to the forward part of the battery tray and one bolt in the bottom of the ecu to the sheetmetal under the battery tray. Check it out, the bolt holes will line up if you have the original or good repro battery tray.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: