Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
The Howard Dranow West cost Ramble 2009

I would like to take this time to invite anyone that has any interest in 914’s to come to the Howard Dranow Memorial West Cost Ramble. You do not have to own a 914 to attend this event. The agenda will be as follows.

Friday evening, the 15th of May we will have a Meet and Greet at The Double Tree Inn in Irvine, Headquarters for the event.

Saturday morning starts off with Cars and Coffee, which is only 4 blocks away. After that we go back to the hotel for preparation for a drive to the beach and a Team NARP Bar-B-Q. Then we return to the Hotel for the 914 R/C Car Challenge. Then you are free for the evening.

Sunday we drive to Lancaster to The Inn of Lancaster for the Show and Shine and Tech Inspection in preparation for The Streets of Willow and the Awards Ceremonies. We have about 20 awards to hand out. Sometime durning the weekend we will have an auction and a Raffle.

Monday is Track Day. We have rented The Streets of Willow and have the track from 8am to 5pm. Corner workers will be provided so the only time you spend on the track is in a car.

I would like to thank Howard (God rest his soul) for the inspiration for this event as we are following the agenda from his event in 2005.
This event is being hosted by Team NARP and more information will be posted here and at 914 World as it becomes available.

Last edited by Joe Sharp; 02-03-2009 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: stupidity
Old 01-27-2009, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
JW Apostate

The 2005 event was my VERY first track day.

Maybe I'll come down.

Would I be welcome?

KT
'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
'73 914
Old 01-28-2009, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
We would welcome you with open arms Trekkor. It would be nice to see you again.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
JW Apostate

Thanks, Joe.

That means a lot to me!

KT
'74 914-6 2.6 SS #746
'01 Boxster
'73 914
Old 01-30-2009, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

I will absolutely try to make this!
2001 F150 Supercrew 4x4 | tow vehicle
Old 02-07-2009, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I did not plan it this way but the PCA OCR is having an A/X on our travel day the 17th of May and some of us might take addvantge of it. If you would like to, you will have to register with them at their site.

Last edited by Joe Sharp; 02-08-2009 at 07:59 PM..
Old 02-08-2009, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
The Offical Howard Dranow West Cost Ramble Thread

this is a link to the registration form. I'm sorry but the site is not allowing me to link the doc, so I'm going to have to post a link to it at another site. Please forgive for this disgresion as I am a machanic not a geek. And who knows this may not even work. I just want anyone who wants attend to come.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=92868
Old 02-19-2009, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Well we had a wonderful time with over 40 914's showing up over the weekend. Every time I counted people to feed it was over 75. Trophies and Awards went all over the country. It was really nice to see the support from are Vendors and the people that attended.
Thanks again
Joe
Old 05-20-2009, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Joe for putting this together!!! I had a blast!!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: