Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

2 Ltr Fuchs

Are the four lug 2 ltr Fuchs alloy and what is the best polish to use on them. Thanks

Old 10-30-2009, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Yes, forged aluminum, I prefere Wenol..

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 10-30-2009, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You mention that you want to polish them. I'm not sure if you just mean clean them up nicely or to actually polish them to a chrome like shine. If you just want to clean them up and make them look as new and original as possible you need to be very careful the 2 liter four lug Fuchs. These wheels are anodized and it is very easy to screw them up if you use anything too harsh. It even important to use a PH balanced soap and or cleaner when washing them.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

SMG911, I just want to clean them good and remove road grime and keep them as close to stock looking as possible without harming the finish.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

If your wheels are pretty dirty on the outside and the inside of the rim, believe it or not, SOS pads with lemon and a lot of water to keep them wet and soapy work very well without damaging the anodizing. Goo Be Gone (from Lowes) works great to remove the old stick on weight residue.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: