Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

The beasty has a heart...

Maniacal laughter follows...

Its the top one currently...
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/customers/index.html

-Rich
Old 11-10-2001, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

What's up with the split heads??? Besides looking really, really cool, do they make more HP? Nice motor!!! I too hope to be able to make that page one day soon. When are you putting it in? What are you putting it in? What kinda racing allows for a 2300cc motor?
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 11-10-2001, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The heads are split do limit leakage. One side will not effect the other any longer. The valves are 48mm intakes and 40mm exhaust, so yes...they make HP. I would not advise anyone to buy them though. They were a huge pain all around, SCAT has no idea how to support the product and they require way to much machining. Jake Raby has other better options available soon.

When has always been my problem.
What is a 914 of course.
Autocross..curently it looks like no one races in this class though.

-Rich
Old 11-10-2001, 09:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

How did Jake go about fitting a Eaton blower on that thing? Did he use low compression, so as not to blow anything up? I'd like to see the dyno on that monster...kindda makes me wonder if a type IV is the way to go instead of the 6cyl! Great looking motor!

Nathan
'02 S6 Avant
'99.5 A4 2.8 / '65 Ducati Falcon 80
Old 11-12-2001, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I am fitting the Eaton supercharger. A guy named Moggy has made a simmilar setup and he made me a set of pullies for the 911 fan and the crank so its all 6 rib serpentine now. The engine is low about 7-1 with a top boost of 10lbs.
Scat does not make a IDF setup for these heads on a type 4 so I have to get IDA throttle bodies or adapt IDFs with a spacer. Its still a ways away from dyno time but I will definately put it on a chassis dyno when Im done.

-Rich
Old 11-12-2001, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: