Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
New loud pedal

Kinda slow at work today so I made a new gas pedal. Got a scrap piece of 1/2" aluminum plate and cut it out in the shape of my old rusty bent factory POS. Cut a piece of hinge heavy duty Piano style and welded it up. As for the connection of reach rod I drilled a hole in the back and bolted a cover plate. It is getting kinda late so I will give it a go tomorrow. Feels good so far. Can't decide what kind of non slip surface to put on it. Any ideas? As soon as I get a digital camera I will post all the cool stuff I have done so far.
Old 11-13-2001, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Joe,

You could drill a pattern of holes in it. That seems to be common with aftermarket pedals. Plus it probably makes you go faster too!

Mike
Old 11-14-2001, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Like you said I could drill holes in the pedal, But EVERYBODY has this. I was thinking of P O R S C H E or just 9 1 4 in raised letters. Kinda tough to do free hand or maybe all day with an end mill.
Old 11-14-2001, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
No engraving yet but here is a pic of the gas pedal. and door sill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-003f.jpg (6.6 KB, 245 views)
Old 11-15-2001, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
OK now the door sill. Plexiglass bent to fit. what do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-001f.jpg (13.8 KB, 235 views)
Old 11-15-2001, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Cool. Now get back to work, we don't pay you to make car parts. Turn that computer off too.

Respectfully,
Your boss.
pics at
http://www.syer.net
Old 11-17-2001, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Well DDS, if you were my boss you would realize that I am the one that keeps your tail out of hot water. No matter how hard and blindly you leap. So I guess looking the other way when I rummage through the scrap pile is OK. But those door sills really are cool huh?
Very Respectfully
the fix it man.
Old 11-17-2001, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

And if I continue to look the other way, I don't have to give you a raise - Bwahahahah!

I know a guy who owns a wholesale business and bought a fab. shop - I think so he could spend more of his day tinkering with his cars. Cool guy with significant resources who could build anything.

I do like those door sills. How did you do those ones? I have a strip heater and band saw, etc... How'd you do the '914' script?

For non-slip, couldn't you use that adhesive backed sandpaper-like stuff that they use on stair treads and such? How 'bout plastic rivets through holes for a bit of texture and maybe a purty design?

Dave
pics at
Old 11-18-2001, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Ooops.
pics at

Last edited by DDS; 11-18-2001 at 06:57 AM..
Old 11-18-2001, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Yea yea yea, Just imagine if I did work all day on my car!!!
I took some poly carbonate (plexiglass) and used them black plastic jobs as a template. I used the 60" metal shear to cut to size. I would imagine a table saw would work. jig saw would be to tough to get it straight. Then I put the plexi in a metal break and took a heat gun (see super duper hair dryer) about 15 minutes heating and bending till I got the angle. Kept it all still until cool.
Super easy copied the "9" from my 928 and used it to make the other numbers. just tape on the underside spray the whole thing with black paint. Whala when the tape is removed what ever color your car is will show through. I was going to screw them down but didn't want to put any more holes in the body of "rusty" ssssso I glued them down with Shoe goo. I also cut some sexy aluminum ones fit perfect. no design.
Raise? I figure I am saving more on parts during my lunch hour than I could get in a raise. Since I am in the Navy when the congress gives themselves 15% We are glad to get 3% and I pay taxes out of that!!! sorry for the rant.
Old 11-18-2001, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: