Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Defroster fan.

So I just got my defroster fan by the guy in the "Big Brown Truck" No not Dale Jarrett. Anyway This is the elctric booster that sits in the engine bay drivers side. Exactly how does this thing wire up? and plumb into the heater system. The fan came with a plastic "Y" connector.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

No help here....

That's what the white towel on the passenger seat is for. Beside the only time I have problems is driving at night with the good ole MS humidity.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Pelican Parts

There should be two wires going to it, either in one or two connectors. One wire will be green, the other brown. I believe that one wire from the fan will be yellow-ish, the other brown. Connect the brown to the brown, the yellow-ish to the green.

As for the hoses from the "Y" connector, one goes across the engine to the right-side J-tube, the other goes to the left-side J-tube.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 11-14-2001, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Ocean Springs!!!!! Sweater I am so close to you it is scary. Never realized it till you mentioned good ole Mississippi Humidity. I had to look at from where you hail. Damn nieghbor thats close.
Hey it is all becoming clear now as to how this blower motor hooks up. Have to do the stand on my head thing in the engine compartment to find wires. Thanks Dave. Sand blasted the heat valve and small piece of tubing. Who can guess how many holes are in it. Nope just one BIG one. To bad someone already has the "rusty 914" name.
Old 11-14-2001, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Ok Aux fan defroster motor works (if I hot wire it). Can't seem to chase wires in the right direction to bring power to the green wire that plugs into the motor.
I have continuity from green wire at the motor to pin 11 and then through to the other connector. pin 10 ???? and then I lose it. Checked the wire and caveman like switch contact at the heater control. it seems to make good contact, even took the green/white wire stuck it straight to ground. nothing.
So here is what I am missing relays in the black box left side od engine compartment. which ones do I need. Remember I am running carbs. No rear window defrost. Are all the relays interchangeable?
Old 11-16-2001, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

hey joe,

i'm going to school in North Dakota, Grand Forks, my precious '72 914(Veronica) sits in my dad's hangar next to our dark navy blue/yellow '58 Cessna 172 at the Ocean Springs Airport, i'm coming home this christmas, maybe we could exchange info and BS for awhile
Old 11-16-2001, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Pelican Parts

The relays are interchangeable. The rear one powers the heater blower.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 11-16-2001, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: