Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
914 irratic wi-wi-wiper motor

Yet another electrical gremlin...every time I hit a bump on the road my wipers go up about 6 inches then stop. Hit another bump...they go up another 6 inches, etc. If I use the switch to turn them on and off, they go back to park position as normal. Checked the ground but it appears to be ok. I'd appreciate any ideas on what this might be and how to fix it.

dave
'02 Audi Quatro
'10 Audi A4 Quatro
Old 07-04-2010, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I had the same issue with my '77 911 and it was the wiper switch. When they jump try tapping the the wiper switch and they will jump some more. Mine only did it when it was hot and humid out. I tried cleaning the switch which seemed to help, I eventually just replaced it.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: