Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Cluncking in rear when shifting

I can hear what sounds like a u-joint, if it had one, when I am shifting, or on or off the throttle. I have not got under it yet, but figured I would post something while it is cooling down. Just to make things clear, this is stock, with a new engine, and new shift bushings. The trany was not opened up, only input seal was replaced, when I did the clutch.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Check the motor mounts. There will be a clunking on accel when they are broken, and the car will shudder.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 07-14-2010, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
You will not believe this one! It looks like it is the pass side heater box on the exhaust. The flange is missing on the top side, back by the muffler. It moves up and down about 1/4", and it is loose. I do not have the tin on that side under the engine, because I have not been able to find one. The alxes look good, and the front and rear mounts look good. I had the engine out 3 weeks ago, and never seen an wear on the mounts, but you never know, so I tried to move everything. I just saw a shiny part on the exhaust, and that is how I found the heater box. This is about the starngest thing I have even seen, but I always end up with things like this since I was young. It has made me good at what I do. Thank you for the help. I need to upgrade, or down grade my exhaust to the older style anyways.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Well, one of the strangest this I have ever seen is now fixed. It sure sounded like a CV joint. I would have never thought it was a heater box making that much noise.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
cv
Old 08-16-2010, 03:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: