Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
75 1.8 RoW Dist?

I have a 75 914 with a 1.8 and it is a non USA car. It is a RoW car, and has no EGR on it. I am trying to find the right Dist. for it, that only has one vac port on it instead of 2. The one in there now has 2, but the throttle body only had 1 port. I have to modify it for the second port, but I am trying to keep this car stock, and in original condition, due to me giving this car to my dad for his 60th B-day. If anyone know what the number is for this Dist, or where I can get one, I would be very happy. Thanks
Old 07-14-2010, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
AFAIK, all of the distributor dashpots had two vacuum ports on them. On many of the 74+ cars, there was only one vacuum port on the distributor, so the other distributor port had a hose on it that was run to nowhere, usually just tucked under the manifold.

I know this was done on US-spec 74+ engines, I am less certain about European-spec 914s.

N.B.--the European-spec 1.8 liter 914s would have a pair of single-throat Solex carbs, not L-jetronic EFI.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
This is a very strange , and early 75 I think. It has nothing sticking off of the bumpers, no EGR, or the light in the dash. It is almost all stock, other than the 911 front calipers, master cylinder, and T for rear brakes. Yes, the 911 front calipers were machined to fit. I took off 3mm to get them to fit, and I used them, because I have lots of them laying around. This car is different.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
so, it would have been the one away from the cap that was hooked up?
Old 07-14-2010, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
The fitting that points back toward the distributor body is the one that gets hooked up. The one that points away from the distributor body would be unhooked.

--DD

Old 07-15-2010, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave at Pelican Parts View Post
N.B.--the European-spec 1.8 liter 914s would have a pair of single-throat Solex carbs, not L-jetronic EFI.
I agree.

Look at the engine case number. If it starts with AN, it's a euro spec engine, if it starts with EC, it's US spec. Euro spec 1.8L had carbs ...

Andy

>> 1970, 914-6, #374 (Original) For sale!
Old 07-16-2010, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
I did not know the 1.8 did, I know the 2.0 did, because I have carbs and intake from one. I am going to need to get some books on these cars.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
The 2.0 914s all were fitted with D-jetronic fuel injection from the factory... The 912Es had 2.0 914 engines but L-jetronic EFI. The only carb'ed 914s were European 1.8s and the Sixes.

--DD

Old 07-16-2010, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Wow, did not know that. I have a set of solex PII 40s on 2.0L intakes, and I had heard they did that, I just thought it was 2.0L. Thank you for the info. I also pulld that line, and it runs good. Thank you
Old 07-16-2010, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: