Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Starter Wiring Question

I've got a 1974 1.8 L-Jet and I've become puzzled with the starter wiring. In the picture below, the green arrow points to the factory harness, the yellow arrow points to what looks like a 12 ga red wire, and the white arrow points to the red wire with a white stripe. The Haynes manual (pg 175) does not show these wires attached to terminal 30 on the starter........does anybody know what are these wires for?

Greenguy
Old 09-13-2010, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Twink Driver

The red / white goes to the B+ terminal on the alternator. The other wire might be going to the relay board. There should only be two wires on terminal 30 (Battery and Alternator)

Joe
Old 09-22-2010, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the response Joe...my diagram has the red wire going to the B+ on the alternator, the red with white stripe wire is not shown. The three wires come out of what looks like a factory harness, so I don't think that it was added by PO, but I have no clue as to where it goes or what its for.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: