Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Tail shift linkage question w/pictures

Hello- I've got a 1970 914 and I have ordered the Super Bushing set for the tail shifter but I was wondering about the shift rod linkage.

Is there supposed to be some kind of bushing or insert inside the linkage coupler that the shift rod connects with or is it just a metal to metal contact?

Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I've been waiting for an answer on this since I have the same question myself...during the meantime I have studied all exploded wiews etc and my conclusion is that there is no bushing involved at the end coupler. Also measuring the play between the shaft and the fork there is no room for any bushing.

Btw what is the inside dia for a new bushing at the end (just in front of the coupler)?

/Lars S
Old 10-06-2010, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Apparantly it does not have any bushing in the end connector- I got my Super Bushing kit from Pelican and there was nothing for the coupler.

The kit was great and pretty easy to install and now mine shifts good BUT now it runs like crap- keeps stalling. Oh well- one problem at a time.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

No bushing guys!
1973 Chalon with 2.4T MFI (Schlitzalom)
All my 4 cylinders are gone
Old 10-06-2010, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy View Post
No bushing guys!
You're still alive? Wow!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
You're still alive? Wow!
And where in the hell have you been?
1973 Chalon with 2.4T MFI (Schlitzalom)
All my 4 cylinders are gone
Old 10-07-2010, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Texas
Old 10-07-2010, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: