Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Oil leak I can't find behind flywheel

Hi all, have an oil leak that I have been trying to fix for over a month and 4 main seals. Symptom is oil coming from hole between transmission and case. My first thought were that I needed to replace the main crank seal, well long story, when this thing is leaking it seems you need to to drive at freeway speed for a little while and when you stop and look under the car the entire passenger side has oil slung on the roof and all over the trans and muffler, but only on the passenger side. Today removed the transmission and the inside cavity is covered with oil, this is engine oil and not gear oil. Removed the flywheel and seal looked dry?? Have been cleaning and scanning for anyplace oil could come from. Seems like the drivers side case shell is moist with oil and passenger side is dry. This should be an easy fix but I can't think of another place to check. Could I have a micro crack and oil leaking out under pressure from an oil galley? The oil galley plug on drivers side has been epoxied in and the passenger side has been tapped and plugged. Help!!!

Brian
'74 914-1.8
Old 10-24-2010, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: