Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Baz Baz is online now
G'day!
 
Baz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Posts: 25,570
Garage
Is this a stock muffler?

Just ran across this on eBay and it's exactly what I have on my '72 w/2.0.

I always thought it was aftermarket but this seller says it's stock.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Porsche 914 Monza Stock Dual Muffler - eBay (item 320622000140 end time Dec-01-10 18:32:31 PST)
__________________
Old dog....new tricks.....
Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Cairo94507's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Ramon Valley, CA
Posts: 1,221
Garage
Not stock, ever.
__________________
1971 914-6 #0372
2016 Audi S3 DD
2010 997.2 C4S 6 Speed
Old 11-29-2010, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Baz Baz is online now
G'day!
 
Baz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Posts: 25,570
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo94507 View Post
Not stock, ever.
Thanks Cairo - I didn't think so nor do I believe eBay auction descriptions but had to ask...........I guess it was a popular mod for some. I usually prefer stock myself but this one came on my car and it's working OK so I'll leave it and focus on more important details.

Thanks again!
__________________
Old dog....new tricks.....
Old 11-29-2010, 05:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 2,883
Yes, the 4 tips were a popular "upgrade" i'd say till the late 1980s.

Why he can't just put it in the garbage rather than trying ebay just makes no sense to me though.
__________________
1970 914-6
Past:
2000 Boxster 2.7, 1987 944
1978 911SC, 1976 914 2.0, 1970 914 w/2056
Old 11-29-2010, 12:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Baz Baz is online now
G'day!
 
Baz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Posts: 25,570
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
Yes, the 4 tips were a popular "upgrade" i'd say till the late 1980s.

Why he can't just put it in the garbage rather than trying ebay just makes no sense to me though.
Heh heh - I didn't want to use the term "upgrade" but maybe it is - who knows?

Why he offered it on eBay for free? My guess is he thought perhaps it might help another 914 enthusiast who could have used some of that muffler assembly.

Here's how this muffler looks on mine, BTW:



__________________
Old dog....new tricks.....
Old 11-29-2010, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Porterville, Ca.
Posts: 101
Baz that looks very much like my car ('73). I have the other wheels, 'porsche' reflector between back up lights and fiberglass rear valance with cutouts for tips. How are your rocker panels holding up? Are they cracking on the ends? (mine are)
Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
 
Baz Baz is online now
G'day!
 
Baz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Posts: 25,570
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
Baz that looks very much like my car ('73). I have the other wheels, 'porsche' reflector between back up lights and fiberglass rear valance with cutouts for tips. How are your rocker panels holding up? Are they cracking on the ends? (mine are)
Yeah Joe - plastic ends have cracks - one was sticking out in fact before I "tucked" it back in

I have a nice set of 4 lug Fuchs for it - just need to change out when I get some new shoes. These wheels have some out of round issues - starts bobbling a bit when I reach 50MPH!
__________________
Old dog....new tricks.....
Old 11-29-2010, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Edison, NJ 08820
Posts: 149
I'm the guy whos giving it away . It came off '76 2.0 and I do believe that it is stock. Anyway, it's free. I'm upgrading/backdating my car to SS, so i don't need it and my garage space is limited. I don't want to through it out either, so if anybody has any use for it - chrome tips or whatever - please come and take it.

I also advertised it on this site and on world and club sites
FS/Free: Heat Exchagers, Monza Exhaust

Some guy from Vietnam just bid on it :rotfl:, so you'll have to beat him to the punch.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Baz Baz is online now
G'day!
 
Baz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Posts: 25,570
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea100 View Post
I'm the guy whos giving it away . It came off '76 2.0 and I do believe that it is stock. Anyway, it's free. I'm upgrading/backdating my car to SS, so i don't need it and my garage space is limited. I don't want to through it out either, so if anybody has any use for it - chrome tips or whatever - please come and take it.

I also advertised it on this site and on world and club sites
FS/Free: Heat Exchagers, Monza Exhaust

Some guy from Vietnam just bid on it :rotfl:, so you'll have to beat him to the punch.
Hope you find a home for it.....I hate throwing stuff away also if it could possibly still have some value to "someone".

__________________
Old dog....new tricks.....
Old 12-02-2010, 10:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:55 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.