Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1974 914 1.8L - No Injector Pulse

I'm having difficulty helping a friend get this car running. His 914 has good spark, compression, and I am pretty sure it is timed correctly. The current problem I am trying to resolve is no injector pulse. At first, the breaker contact signal was hooked up to the positive side of the coil but I fixed that problem and it is now on the negative side where it should be. (Also saw this to be a common problem from a search through other threads here)

The injectors are receiving adequate voltage but the computer is still not grounding them. (Used noid light to check) What are all the inputs the computer needs for it to pulse the injectors other than the breaker contact signal from inside the distributor?

I attempted to check the feeds and grounds to the computer but came up short due to my inability to completely understand the wiring diagrams I have been able to obtain. (Exactly which pins on the computer are feeds and which are grounds) Also, I do not know if this is an early or late model fuel injection setup. I believe it is the L-Jetronic AFC system. (Is this early or late?)

One additional thing to mention... someone has wired up the fuel pump to come on anytime the key is 'on.' (I have verified fuel pressure and it is within specs too)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, any direct links to the correct wiring diagram for this car would be great.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

sounds like your resistor pack...is it all cylinders? most likely the main resistor in the middle (im no expert) . its attached to your battery tray. good luck
Old 01-17-2011, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I am not receiving injector pulse on any cylinder. I'll look into the resistor pack some more. Thank you for the prompt reply. Would still love to hear any other suggestions.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: