Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hershey PA show- good to buy a 914 there?

I live about 15 miles from hershey, and completely forgot to go last year......the year before was easter weekend..... and i did go back 3 years ago though.....

anyway........ anyone have a feel for the used car selection there? I just want to find a V8 914 that goes like hell in a straight line and still handles decent... i am going with the drag racing mentality on this more than the road course.....

Let me know if you have some insight to the used car stuff at hershey.

thnaks...Scot

Old 02-06-2002, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

in my opinion, there is not "alot" of 914 stuff at hershey. i have never seen a 914-V8. the neatest thing i saw there was a -6 conversion w/o power train. i would think you'd do better surfing around than relying on finding what you want (914-V8) at hershey, not trying to put down hershey; hershey is a must attend!
Old 02-07-2002, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The last couple of times I went there were not alot of 914's for sale. I've only seen 1 V8 there and it was the most well done example I've seen. I mean perfect. By all means go though the fun factors there.
Old 02-08-2002, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I live in Northern Jersey and know of a V8 that has been sitting @ a buddies shop for about a year . My buddy has less than nice things to say about the owner - anyway, I could check to see what the owner would need for the red beast (pretty good body/paint/interior, etc). Feel free to email me @ work. travnicek_peter@jpmorgan.com. I'm taking my Jeep Cherokee in sometime this week for a little work to the shop so I would be able to inquire then if you are interested. -Pete

Always looking for other local 914'ers!!
Old 02-09-2002, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Took a closer look @ the car in question. The engine is a Buick Rover (don't know what year - maybe 60's). Failed in attempting to start - gas had evaporated (or so I thought) so I trekked my arse to the gas station and filled the lil container I'd just bought. Filled up the tank w/2 fresh gallons of petrol and it all leaked right out of the bottom. I believe the gas hose is off the bottom of the tank. The owner wasn't there so I didn't dig much further. The air cleaner for the carbs does'nt fit under the engine lid = bummer. It is far from being a daily driver - needs some tlc to get it running. Let me know if any other info would be appreciated. The owner will be lucky to get $5K out of the car. Then there is the $1K bill to the shop which needs paid...

Always looking for other local 914'ers!!
Old 02-17-2002, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: