Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

interest in rear reflector

i have access to laser cutting equipment that can do the porsche reflector with out a problem

i have several ways i can do it one is the cut the black letters in to the red or put it on the back so the red is un broken

i would make it reflective in side so it would work as reflector ( unlike the one i had that i broke )

now i could build up a electric release but there are problems with it ( ie not working ) or design a simple cable system that could be installed very easily

i would trim the reflector with black as well so it would look more like the tail lightsand could be sealed

now for the bad part ... i can do it for 75 per ( not including a release but would send a way to make it ) but i need 5 people to say they would buy it, and not back out and the more people who want it the price will go down a little ( like 10 bucks )

so if you want it email me or post here

Old 02-26-2002, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
YES

I would take one for $75, but I would like to see a mock up, or color design layout first.
Old 02-27-2002, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Re: YES

Quote:
Originally posted by rfoulds
I would take one for $75, but I would like to see a mock up, or color design layout first.

i just want 5 people to say yes i will not hold anybody to it if they dont agree they look good
Old 02-27-2002, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Then... Yes

So mine is a yes. I vote for putting the black letters on the back of the red, leaving the red unbroken.

The one I had, the lettering was just vinyl decal. Are you thinking of making them out of acrilyc?
Old 02-27-2002, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Put me in, what the He!!, we spend that mutch for saturday night dinner.

E-mail me with any other info

baileyia@directvinternet.com
Old 02-27-2002, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

If the look is what I am looking for then sure i'll take one too.
Kerry

914-6 in the Werks
Old 02-27-2002, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I'd like to take a look at a mock up also. I'm a yes.
Old 02-27-2002, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Rouser Send a message via AIM to Rouser
My 914 has one of the older cut-down reflectors. So far, two of the mounting lugs/tabs have already broken off due to age. One more and I'll have to resort to double-sided tape.

I would like to continue to fill in the space between the tail lights with a reflector, and would definately be interested if you offered one WITHOUT the P-O-R-S-C-H-E lettering.

Old 02-27-2002, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

well i have the5 requests that i said i wanted so work will begin

but please tell me if you want the lettering through or under the red, so far one vote for under the basic set up is the same so i may be able to do both

and if it is under i can do just red ones with no lettering for those who want it ( yes for you rouser but i did think of it before )

now for more details from me

it will be red plex with the letters done in black plex ( can do other colors upon request ) if it is done through the plex ican do basic colors that would be close to car color, tacky i know some body might like it, but white in back might look good to ... not too obvious

then it will have mirror plex engraved lines to scatter the light like a reflector with a black "trim" ring around the side made to the same basic profile as the trim on the rear tail lights and the same hight as the tail lights so all that has to be down is screw it down tight and seal with what ever you want ( i like the roll caulk idea )

i will make this look like it should of

and those who have the holes already i can match locations so no new holes
Old 02-27-2002, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
I would like to see pic's too!!! If I like the look count me in too!! I'm curious of how it would look with PORSCHE 914. Probably just stick with the usual but if you can mock one with the 914 ? Anyone seen one like that?

Last edited by JRust; 02-27-2002 at 07:00 PM..
Old 02-27-2002, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

well doing the reflector with "porsche 914 " would not be any harder

there wont be a mock up but just a prototype that i will use on my car but once the programming is done it is just more labor and material to make more

i am doing this to make one for my self but by doing 5 the profit from the 5 would pay for mine, which is why more would be cheaper

yes i will post pics it will be a couple of weeks
Old 02-27-2002, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Scott, Your ideas sound good and I hope your plans work out. One thing crossed my mind, though. Could making something using the PORSCHE name constitute copyright infringement? I am really not trying to be a smart###, but it would be a drag if you got a call from a Porsche lawyer. I don't know if Porsche would even care about small production runs . I suspect they would do nothing until you build a factory and really ramp up production! I know next to nothing about the legalities involved. I only thought about it because I read a brief article the other day about Carroll Shelby taking a Cobra kit car maker to court. It seems the court decided that kit makers could build cars, but could not use the Shelby and Cobra names. Which reminds me, I seem to recall that Porsche did advise Excellence magazine, formerly titled PORSCHE magazine, that they could not use the Porsche name for their title. Also, didn't Porsche recently stop carpet mat makers from using the Porsche on their mats?

Good Luck,
Mike
Old 02-28-2002, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

If that's a problem, just have them say "914 ", they couldn't ***** about that could they?

'73 914
'75 914
Old 02-28-2002, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I am interested. Willing to spen the $$$ if it looks cool and not tacky.

Can't wait to see it!
Old 02-28-2002, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
I'm interested as well but would like to see one installed on car. My choice would be "PORSCHE" for the lettering.
Old 03-01-2002, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

It wasn't that long ago that we lost the @914fanatic. They go after everything - good luck, I might need a new one, one day.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

true, if you guys remember Rennlist used to be Por$cheFan, then Por$cheList, but they got sued, or rather threatened. I know they went after all internet domain names, that contained Por$che as well as any aftermarket company "using their name in vain"
Old 03-01-2002, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Would it be possible to supply some black vinyl letters that applied to the backside of the clear reflector cover between the red reflector and the clear cover?

If that is possible then the kit could be supplied with Letters and Numbers and let the owner choose what to put on their reflector... if the owner happens to spell out PORSCHE or 914 well then the manufacturer certainly couldn't be held responsible for that.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Match the Holes??

Matching the existing holes sounds great. How are you going to do that??

Randy
Old 03-04-2002, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Brian,

How's that Raby 2270 running? What ignition, intake and exhaust combinations are you using? What would you have done differently if you could? Just curious, since I'm considering one myself.

Thanks,
Mike

Old 03-04-2002, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: