Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Thumbs up Pacific NW 914meet

O.K. Here it goes! I am setting the date of MAY 25th. We will be meeting at my Pizza store in Monmouth, OR. I'll deal with directions later. Anyone interested just Email me. A good time for all who attend. I'm still ironing out all the details but the date is set. I'm still open to different ideas also!The basic's are we'll meet for lunch( I still will provide up to 10 pizza's for the event). We will have some prizes for misc. things! After lunch & alot of BS I thought a little rally to the coast would be great. Though I'm sure many of you can't keep up with me(ha!ha!ha!).Hopefully this will start many more!!! Pass the word also
Old 03-06-2002, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
I'll drive down sounds like fun. I know I can't keep up with JP but I think all you will see of me is tail lights!
Geoff

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 03-06-2002, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
More info

O.K. Changed my mind about rally to the coast. I planned this memorial day weekend just because with that extra day I thought our turnout might be better.
More time for drivin & all that. Thought a little more about the coast & it's insane there during memorial day! Minor oversight I will however figure out
a better rally route anyway. Plenty of open backwoods country up here!!! As far as seeing tailights are conserned 914's are just as pretty from the back. Also I've had 8 people confirm they will be there since posting 5 hours ago. Lookin Good

Last edited by JRust; 03-06-2002 at 10:17 PM..
Old 03-06-2002, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Ah....but you can keep up with me.
On public roads I drive like an old man.....cause I am!
God willing & the creek don't rise, I'll be there.
Old 03-07-2002, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Hey JP glad to have yah! Pass the word as much as possible. I'm looking forward to checking out your six conversion. I'm still a little new & have not run across any yet. Just don't let me drive it O.K. I just got mine done & can't afford to start over Anyone be interested in adding sunday & having a swap meet too? Probably not this time but just wondered what the interest would be?
Old 03-07-2002, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Hope to be there!

Hey Jamie, I hope to make it down to Oregon from Vancouver, BC, Canada. Weather and time permitting, it'll be nice to take part in my first 914 event...

ACK!
Old 03-07-2002, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Wink

if the paint job is done it sounds like a good run. i can see the wsp picking us off one by one around woodland when we start playing tag. going back to irish green L60E. if i wanted to bring parts i'd have to drive my international stepside but if i did that i could carry everyone else's spare parts and tool boxes.

Last edited by Kevin Powers; 03-10-2002 at 04:01 PM..
Old 03-10-2002, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
We're up to 14 914's so far ! You know you want to come too! It will be a great weekend trip for all. By the way I do have the best hand tossed pizza dough this side of chicago.
Don't miss out on the free pizza. All it takes is a 914 to get some
Also Wayne at Pelican has offered to supply a few of the prizes for the event. Thanks to big Dave for the extra help there

Last edited by JRust; 03-12-2002 at 06:05 PM..
Old 03-12-2002, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Jamie,
For those of us who may be geographically challenged, where exactly is Monmouth, OR located?
Old 03-12-2002, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Just fire up your favorite mapping website.

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=&city=Monmouth&state=OR&slt=44.848518&sln=-123.232986&name=&zip=&country=us&&BFKey=&BFCat=&BFClient=&mag=8&desc=&cs=8&newmag=3&poititle=&poi=&ds=g

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling

Last edited by Dave at Pelican Parts; 03-12-2002 at 08:45 PM..
Old 03-12-2002, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I've got this on my calendar! I haven't done a 914 event either but am looking forward to it! Now to get some decent tires.....

David
Old 03-24-2002, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Bleyseng
David,
There are other Porsche events going on all the time in the NW. There a PCA Autox's every month! We just had one this Saturday at Bremerton. Lots of 914's (mine did pretty well too!) and tons of great people. It is a good place to meet new people and swap stories, locate parts etc....
Geoff

www.914Club.com
My Gallery Page
Old 03-25-2002, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Just a little update guy's. Everything is coming together nicely. Met with Craig Laughlin from Camp 914 about the meet last week.
Craig has hooked us up with a few prizes for the event. He also gave me a few tips on the meet. Thanks Craig! I'll be sending out updates to all on my list. The list is at 20+ now. Looking forward to a great time. Any ?'s guy's just email me
Old 04-02-2002, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Speaking of AX.

ORPCA (Oregun) on the 21st of this month is ON.
The venue ain't much, BUT, thereafter, starting on the 19th of May
they will be held monthly at PIR, in the pro pits........lot'so room there.....enuff for wide guts in 2nd gear or maybe even (gasp) some work in 3rd.....I'm feeling faint.
I'll be there with a new pack of lies and so will "ulf", iff'n it don't rain......if it does, mr. 2 will have to fill in.
Old 04-03-2002, 02:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: