Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Window alignment & Lake Porsche

I've been messing with the windows lately in an attempt to diminish "Lake Porsche." I don't seem to be able to get it to seal evenly across the top of the driver's door. I replaced the targa top side seal and both door seals (inner and outer), but in the morning I still have water on the door sill. The glass meets the targa top in front, but not in back, and I am unable to find an adjustment that will bring it up further.

Replacing the rear window seal helped immensely, but I am still getting water along the sills, especially up near the speaker panels (it gathers in the foam of the dash and then drips down). Anyone had this exciting winter phenomenon?

Thanks,
Joe
'74 2.0
Old 03-09-2002, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

the joys of owning a 914 in wash..feel the paper ducts that are above and slightly forward of the speaker enclosure.if they are all wet too the drains in the fresh air inlet box might be plugged up.if they are plugged the ducts turn into the drains.if you are parked outside invest in a waterproof cover.costco sells them pretty cheap
Old 03-10-2002, 03:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to pbanders
To adjust the "tilt" of the window, remove the door panel. There is a bolt that you can access through a hole that is on the front part of the window frame. Loosen it just enough to move it, and pull up on the rear of the window, tighten, check it, repeat until you get the adjustment right.

I have the old-style windows, so I don't know if this is true for the later ones, but the extent to which the window winds up is adjustable by turning the center screw in the adjuster on the bottom of the door, about 2/3 of the way up the door towards the hinges.
Old 03-10-2002, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I've found a couple bolts along the midline of the door that seem to promise such an adjustment, but they don't actually seem to do much. I'll try again, though. I think the solution is just to move back to California.

Joe
'74 2.0
Old 03-11-2002, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: