Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to JP Noonan
help! I need to ship a motor from Seattle

I have a friend driving from Billings to Seattle airport. He has a 911 motor for me but needs to have it packed and shipped. Cost isn't a big issue but time is. Anyone know anyplace to ship from. Or anyone live near Seattle airport that I may know? If I know you from the list I'd be willing to pay you to pack it and deleivr or set up delivery to a shiping company.

Thanks

jpnoonan@worldnet.att.net
jpn914@hotmail.com
305-302-8789
Old 03-10-2002, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Check with Jake Raby at shoptalkforims.com (look in the TYPE4RUM)

The company he used delivered it to a shipping terminal near Phoenix airport and I had to pick it up there. Takes 2-4days.

The engine must be crated (easy, less than $50 in materials) and delivered to the shipping termimal in the city it is being shipped from.

Shipping for my 2.3 liter TYPE IV was arund $200 w/o insurance (sent to Jake)
Less than $500 insured for $5k on the way back.

My engine had all the intake components, a/c compressor, engine tins, etc. on it so it was no lightweight.

Best of luck.
Old 03-10-2002, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Porsche Crest sHIPPING

I would see if you could get a skid with a Gaylord on it. a Gaylord
is a tri wall fiber board container. Plastic MFG & metal parts mfg
usually have these. You could use banding material or bolts to secure to skid but don't use nails; they work loose. Sometimes
frieght companys have theses also. Also you must rember that it must be delivered to facilty that has a dock and proper handling
equipent( pallet skid etc)
Since Seattle is a major port of entry try one of the many
freight forwarders or LTL (major) located there.
Check about draining the oil & fluids too because you possibly could get stuck with a major bill for Hazardous material clean up.
Most major carriers will now put the trailer on train's now
for shipping this distance. Maybe you could try someone like yellow frieght/CF etc
Chuck

Last edited by CHAZZ; 03-10-2002 at 02:43 PM..
Old 03-10-2002, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: