Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Road Rally ?

Guys I'm looking for some input on a road rally. This is for the Pacific NW 914meet. I'm working on setting up the route. My ?'s are: How long(miles) should it be? What kinda of rules are typical for this sort of thing? What things should I look for in choosing the route? Thanks in advance guy's
Old 03-11-2002, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

In the RoadGlue events we ordinarily have a tour/drive associated with a meet...never called it a rally...I don't know why...maybe the racing connotations...

30-40 miles start to finish is about the right length, any longer and people loose interest. BUT then there was Tour2000 a couple years ago where they drove 914 +/- miles over several days....and that seemed to be successful as well.

Initially we internally discussed issuing written rules and do's/don'ts and it became very leagalistic. Even consulted an attorney. Eventually, and for reasons you can figure out we say very little about it. Particiapant are reposnible for their own cars mecahnical condition, insurance and observing traffic laws. No inspection is done except by the vehicle owner.

Our events are only origanized to the point of getting together. We say that each driver is responsible to obey the rules of the road and use good judgement. RoadGlue is actually a civil group and generally well behaved (don't go proving me wrong now) and is not in any way responsible for the actions of anyone who is careless or irresponsible or even finds themselves in an unfortunate accident.

Keep it simple and have fun. 914 events are special occasions.

Watch the RoadGlue site (www.roadglue.com) for a major event announcement in the very near future.
Old 03-11-2002, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: