Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Thumbs down PP Snubbed by GRM?!

For those of you who know me, to post this topic is definitely not my usual style - but I was so surprised by this I thought I would throw it out there.
Just picked up the latest Grass Roots Motorsport. There is a pretty neat article on their rust restoration/paint on the green 914. At the end of the article there is an inset telling who to contact for 914 parts and tech info. Pelican is not even mentioned - and Pelican paid to run a substantial ad in the article! Whats worse is that a certain self proclaimed/self righteous "doctor" is mentioned several times.
It's been my experience that 90% of those in the know regarding 914's belong to this BBS and the 914 Rennlist. It is also painfully obvious the percentage of people that have had less than desirable experiences with a certain "world headquarters" located in the south.
Wayne and the guys take great care of us, and PAID GRM to run a quarter page ad, yet the other bozo's (that didn't run an ad at all) get the recognition. Why would GRM alienate the company that has the most loyal following?
My opinion... BIG mistake.
Thoughts?
Scott S
Old 03-15-2002, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

GRM did mention Pelican in the article twice on page 122 of the May 2002 issue. Also, GRM has mentioned PP on several times in previous issues. AA has helped with GRM 914 project. Though AA may not be a favorite, IMHO, GRM is trying not to be biased and simply giving credit where needed and offering their readers resources for 914 stuff.
Old 03-16-2002, 12:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Also, keep in mind that AA is in GRM area while our favorite PP (Hi Wayne) is on the other coast. THen again, I'm on the east coast and still won't go to AA unless I absolutely need to.

Tim at GRM doesn't play favorites and seems to be on the up and up.

Just my $.02
Old 03-16-2002, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
Hey Scott, I can see where your coming from with this. But I think over the course for time the mag has been fair. The one saving grace is the fact that we all continue to come here to meet. The teeners in the know, Know whose tops. The other will find the true World Headquarters. It's just a matter of time. GRM seems to be a real down to earth magazine for real DYI's. Not a bunch of new car test drives and boring stuff about cars for the masses. Slick glossy covered B.S. about some new one off 650,000.00 super car I'll never order. I lend them my full support.
Old 03-16-2002, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: