Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Hooking up the charcoal cannister

I need someone to confirm the routing of hoses to the charcoal cannister on my '76 914. There is a short 1/2" ID hose on one end of the cannister that connects to the air cleaner. On the opposite end is a longer 1/2" ID hose going to the outlet from the smog pump. A second small clear plastic hose (about 1/8" ID) from the same end of the cannister disappears down thru the chassis on the right and I assume connects to the fuel tank.
Old 05-06-1999, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The 13mm (1/2") hose makes a connection down on the right side of the fan case just across from the ECU. The hose from the smog pump goes to the air injection system as shown on page 59 of the HAYNES Manual.
Old 05-07-1999, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I checked out another late model 914 with a cannister installed and confirmed the connections. The 13mm hose from end of the cannister with a single nipple attaches to the fan housing below the ECU (as stated). The 13mm hose from the other end of the cannister attaches to the top rear of the air cleaner housing. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-07-1999, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: