Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unhappy No Sunday at Glenn's this week

To whom it may concern:

There will be a break in Porsche fellowship around that beloved junk pile in back of PIP printing, San B. Easter ya know, you'll have to fire up your own BBQ, Ron. . .

Matt
http://www.pelicanparts.com/ultimate/biggrin.gif
Old 03-26-2002, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Oh Well Matt, we're out of hot links, bratwurst and hamburgers any way. After last Sunday, I'm gonna patent the "dog burger" (ran out of hamburger buns; used hot dog buns). I'm still waiting for someone to drink the Romulean Ale (can you say "blue lips"?).

For any of you reading this, Sundays at Glenns' is a sacred ritual, where we pay homage to various Porsche cars by consuming burnt animal flesh (some of it stuffed in an intestine), malted & non-malted beverages and leftover bags of stale tubers.

During the feeding frenzy, we supply NOS parts (removed from a wreck and media blasted) to the various 914 derelicts that stumble into the sacred compound.

The Cast of Characters:

Glenn ~ Huh? It'll be running by 2005, and by then it will smog exempt. Can be found in a parking lot every couple of months in Pomona.

Professor 914 - (doesn't own a running 914) is usually there to tell you that your hairbrained idea should be placed where the sun doesn't shine. Has a really bad attitude about old cheese and fine wine. Spits out voluminous "theories" of car construction. Attempts to irritate everyone on eBay and PP Bulletin Board.

The Bird - A switch hitter between BMW & Porsche. Carries new parts from the beach. Probably will buy a Honda next time.

Screwloose - Runs around muttering things to himself. Dreams of garish paint jobs and non-sagging 914s.

Ephras? - We still haven't figured out what that means. If a hydraulic jack and torch won't fix it, it's not worth worrying about. Has spent to long in the rarified air.

Air Force One - ???????? Ok, who tried to steal parts off my classic?

Older Than I - Hey, I took it apart, now it won't run. What so I do? Worries about the cholestral content of "dog burgers".

The remaining cast just shows up to peruse the fine collection of fine german rust and consume mass quantities of mammal muscle.

Twice per year, the cast invites the general public to display their NOS and fine german rust parts ~ Popuarly known as Don & Glenn's 914 swap meet.

Stop in anytime for a dose!!!!

"Yellow Rusty Cars Are Faster"
Old 03-27-2002, 05:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up

How often do you guys get together? I would like to take part in the consumption of some "burnt animal flesh".
Old 03-27-2002, 10:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Usually on Sundays - BBQ around 1PM, but the best, biggest get together is at the Don and Glenn Event, scheduled for April 28th that is usually supported by Pelican Parts. Great event to find 914 specific stuff and far eclipses the Pomona Swap Meet for parts finding. Glenn can be reached at "a914luvr@earthlink.net" and is a good source for ANY used 914 part and is very reasonable.

Matt
Big Bear Lake, CA
Old 03-27-2002, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

OK, I figured out which ones are Glenn, Don (the bird), and Burr (older than I), who are the other guys?
Old 03-27-2002, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Hi Sammy,

Lets see:

Air Force One - Ben (puke green '74 non-runner)

Screwloose - Shawn (need no further explanation)

Professor 914 - ME (Ron)

Ephras - Matt (over-cambered 944 Turbo)

Oh Well, I'm busted~

"Yellow Rusty Cars Are Faster"
Old 03-27-2002, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Im the Bird ? Great! I just got used to the Concor Wennie...
Hey, At least Im back home owning a Porsche. Sorry, not a 914, but a 91 Carrera 2.
No kids this weekend and this might be the only weekend I have before the Festival of Speed, So no easter egg hunting for me.
I will be out on Sunday with Clay Bar in hand, followed by a little Zymol wax.
Its usually an all day event for me. Its the first cleaning since I picker her up. I did the eng service 2 weekends ago.
I'll get to glenns about 9-10am and be there late into the after noon. Got wait until the traffic back to the beach clears out.
Cant do 140 with traffic on the roads : )
You can try me on my cell phone if you need directions, 909-323-2860
I know its a Hoilday and the wife and kids come first, but come on out if you've got the eggs,
Don
91 Carrera C2
95 BMW 318ti for Sale
Old 03-28-2002, 10:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: