Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fuel Lines

Hi all! I've heard tell that Porsche replaces the original, stock (I believe they're plastic) fuel lines with newer, up-to-date lines for free. If anyone knows about this for sure, let me know. Thanks in advance!
Old 05-14-1999, 03:36 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
I think you're referring to the recall of the 914. From what I'm told, the car was recalled due to problems with battery acid getting onto the fuel lines in the engine compartment.

The recall replaced the original braided-cloth-over-rubber hoses with new hoses (I think of the rubber-over-cloth-over-rubber kind; not sure) and put a cover on the battery. The plastic lines in the center tunnel were not changed, and I don't think that the two other plastic lines (fuel pump area to top side of engine tin) were, either.

This sort of recall is a one-time-only-per-car deal. You'll have to get your dealer to check with PCNA to see if it has gone through the recall program. Most cars have. Also, the program is old enough that some dealers will try not to honor it. I don't know if that's legal or not, but they sometimes do try.

--DD
Old 05-14-1999, 04:32 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Old 05-14-1999, 04:32 PM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: