Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question '74 1.8l Decelleration valve

I have been driving for years without this valve and cannot see the effects on the engine performance. Now that I've done a major overhaul I am considering adding the missing part but am having a tough time locating pt#022 133 551 B. This is a great forum so I am sure some one out there will have experience and/or thoughts on this subject. Thanks in advance, Al

Old 04-30-2002, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

my thought is that the decel valve just adds some air into the system on "overrun" to reduce emissions. also, does your state have emissions inspection? if yes, maybe the inspector would not notice it's missing. well, if it were me, it would be about #20 on the "to do" list. yes, it should be there, the factory designed it. yes, it would be good for the environment. no, i'd have to hunt one down and associated hoses and it probably wouldn't hurt/help performance. if i tripped over it, i'd pick it up but have other problems to take care of first.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
What a coincidence, I reinstalled it last week in my 1.8. It was still on the engine but was missing one of the hoses.
I didn t see a big difference except when you shift; the engine doesn,t go back to idle as fast, wich seem to make it easier to shift.
I will leave it there, it will be my 2 cents for the environment.

1973 914 2.0 mostly track car
1984 Golf ( Wife car )
1996 Volvo 850 station ( Good family-men car )
Old 05-01-2002, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: