Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
canna change law physics

Garage
New jets - nope!

I thought I had bought a pair of 65's and 70's for the idle jets. But, they were 70 and 75!

I tried the 70's and they ran miserably! $60 more for 60's and 65's.

And yep, I'm running 55's in the car. Put them back in, turned the idle screws exactly 4.5 turns and it's back to running the way it was...

I did get the carbs cleaned up pretty nicely. They look purty without all of the dirt and grease and stuff!

Tomorrow: The MSD unit goes in.

James

Old 07-27-2002, 09:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Angry Sometimes it's the simple things...

As I pulled the carbs and cleaned and rejetted them. Started the car and it was running miserably. Trying to get it to idle, etc. Got out of the car and noticed a puddle under the car. I'm thinking: "Oh my god! I've hosed one of my oil lines!"

Then I notice, it's not oil. Can't be water. My god I'm spraying fuel all over the engine compartment. Shut the engine down. Turn the key back on to find the leak.

Damn! I must have snapped one of my cheesy plastic fuel filters.

Off to FLAPS. Nope. Don't have that model. But they do have some neat looking aluminum ones.

Back home install it - twice - they are directional - and start the car up. Running. Then dying, then really runnning like crap. Damn, I chose a fuel filter with too much drop, I'm starving the carb. FLAPS? no, I'm going to steal the one out of my 1973 (Soon to be dismantled!).

This time, the fuel filter is another cheesy plastic one. Wait. It's not filling with fuel. Did I kink a line? search, search. What the heck is going on?

For some reason, in the back of my head, I remember I was running the fuel down so I could pull the gas tank. I look at the gas gauge...

EMPTY!

James

Last edited by red-beard; 07-27-2002 at 09:55 PM..
Old 07-27-2002, 09:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

sorry to be laughing james. that was one of the funniest real time stories yet. wife heard me laughing from the other room and she thought it was funny too. atleast you must have been relatively clean when you went to the store.

kevin
Old 07-27-2002, 10:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
S'ok. It's why I write them. I swear, I think I bought the 914 to make sure I'm humble...

James

Old 07-27-2002, 10:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: