Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question brake bleeding

I am bleeding brakes on '72 4 cyl per the Tech article that I found here. After all wheels have been bled, the article tells you to have someone sit in car with foot on brake pedal and open each bleed screw one wheel at a time until no more fluid comes out. Then retighten.
Why are you supposed to do this step since you have just bled each wheel? Is it supposed to make the pedal stiffer? What are you trying to accomplish? Even after bleeding each wheel for a long time to make sure ALL air was out, it still goes about half way to floor, aka spongy. Sorry for a case of the stupids if the answer is obvious to all but me. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-03-2002, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

i read the tech art. if i understand your quest. and the article, the confusion may be that the final bleed sequence is to be absolutely sure that the porprotioning valve and the system are free of air and that the bleeders are tightened down. i had never thought that the pro. valve might have air trapped in it. sort of like double checking the torque on your lug bolts, sooner safe than sorry. bleeding is one messy job and you are stuck with all the used b.f. this is one task i don't mind paying to have done, if it's still spongy they do over.

kevin

Last edited by Kevin Powers; 08-03-2002 at 10:14 AM..
Old 08-03-2002, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: