Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

alt. rotisserie pick-up points

Currently my 914's mounted to my rotisserie via the front and rear bumper mounting points. I'd like advise on mounting the rear somewhere else so I can work on the rear trunk floor. I got as far as building a setup with 2x2x1/8 mounted to the tranny points (no tranny mount/isolator). On each side, there's 2-2x2 spacers 6" long welded together , then a 20" piece welded to them. When I put my weight (150 lbs) on the ends, I could see the cross piece pulling against the floor, so I stopped. I appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks
Ed
Old 08-03-2002, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The only way I could see doing it is to fabricate a U shape from the trans mounts back up to the upright of the rotisserie..............a lot of welding to build it and you would have to use thick wall 2" tube thru out, to support the weight.........and make sure you get good welds on all seams.

Personaly I'd just lift the car high enough to work on that area from both sides. This way you wouldn't have the rotisserie in the way at all when your working on the back or repair that area before you put it on the rotisserie.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

you might want to see what CoolTool says, he has his 914 up now using the trans mounts in the rear and the into the suspension for the front.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

to CoolTool

Any pointers or more pics on mounting to the tranny mounts? I'm building a somewhat u shaped adapter to pick up those points. My intension is to bring it out from under the car, then up to about the middle of the rear panel, which is where my present adapter picks up the engine stand tube.
Thanks
Ed
Old 08-05-2002, 06:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Ed, I am still trying to get some pics together(been having to work late the last several nights). As soon as I can get them together, I will let you and Derek know so I can send them to ya. On my rotisserie, I wish now that I had done just what you said you wanted to do. I just let the rear"head" sit under the heat shield, so the car will not go all the way upside down. David
Old 08-05-2002, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: