Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Clutch Upgrade suggestions!

Looking to upgrade my clutch! Anyone have a particular setup they are fond of. Preferebly one that doesn't take machining or a different bell housing! Also where you got it & how much? Thanks in advance
Old 08-05-2002, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I like to use the early 911S lightweight pressure plate on a 914 flywheel that has been lightened 3 lbs. with a spring centered stock disc.

Check PP for prices.

B
Old 08-05-2002, 04:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Jamie, what problem are you looking to fix? Or is this just a "while it's apart, might as well improve it" kind of deal?

Stock setup with the 911 six-spring clutch disk is nice for a whoooooole lotta 914 applications.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 08-06-2002, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Just seems to be engaging worse & worse lately. I adjusted what I had left but that wasn't alot. It's better but I am going to pull my engine to finish painting my engine bay. So while it's out I'll do the clutch. I'm also replacing all the linkage bushings & replacing the pedal assembly bushings with the brass setup. If that don't fix my problem I'm taking a sledge hammer to the leech. Well probably not but it's tempting every once in a while.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Dave at Pelican Parts Send a message via Yahoo to Dave at Pelican Parts
Try this:
Take out the center console and the carpeting over the center tunnel. Also remove the center "seat cushion" and change tray. Remove the two inspection panels at the front and the rear of the top of the tunnel.

Using a mirror or two and a flashlight or three, check the clutch tube inside the center tunnel. Take a look at it as you press the clutch pedal. If it moves, this could be your problem.

--DD

A few pics of my car: http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Dave_Darling
Old 08-06-2002, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: