Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Need carpets

I am looking for three 914 carpet pieces: the two side rails and the central tunnel. This is for my race car (PCA/PCR is making me put them back in) so I am flexible on condition. If you have some old carpets in mediocre condition, let's make a deal.

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2002, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Oh.. you need to learn how to work them.

I told them having carpet was a saftey concern:

It can catch fire and burn forever. (I showed them a burnt piece)

"oh my..leave the carpet out Mr. Roberts"

LOL

B
Old 08-07-2002, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'd go with B on this one. Most knowledgeable racing organizations will allow removal of materials that present a "hazzard to the driver" and enhance the safety of the sport.

Besides the fire hazzard in an accident, the material some carpets are made from can give off some very noxious and toxic fumes. Take a piece to them and light it on fire and invite them to breathe the fumes.

Over the years some organizations "techies" have less knowledge that some of the salesmen that sold the cars initially.

Rant over!

"Yellow Rusty Cars Are Faster"
Old 08-07-2002, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I like the idea of burning it in front of them. Good one Ron.

Here is my rant on PCA rules:

Get it together. Get one set of rules that everybody has to follow.

I can run my SCCA legal cars in any SCCA region, which means I can SELL my car to any person in ANY SCCA region without them worying about it being legal.

PCA. Sell a car that is legal for rules in your region.... wont be legal in another region by some minor headache.

Fun Times

B
Old 08-07-2002, 09:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Stay away from my Member

POC's GCRs also still require the "fixed" carpet to be in place up thru the production classes. (You must remove the floormats.) I probably will be past those classes with this car anyway, but I was kinda sketched out by this for the fire reason and also just general "clutter" and extra weight in the car. The less stuff the better as far as I'm concerned. I yanked it all...gonna do a simple POR-15 or hammerite/bedliner type of coating on the floors after all the sound tar is stripped.
2001 F150 Supercrew 4x4 | tow vehicle
Old 08-07-2002, 09:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

We really havent helped him.

I have the carpet you need (I yank it all) and saved a few pieces from the last car that I put a cage in.

I'll need 50$ for it. This includes shipping.

You can use my PayPal account: sales@all914.com

Shipping is not my favorite, but I keep the pieces in a box already..so all I have to do is tape it shut and use my UPS online shipping account.

I can send it tomorrow (Thursday) if I see funds in the Paypal account.

B
Old 08-07-2002, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I guess he didnt need it bad enough.

Hopefully he found it locally for FREE.

B
Old 08-09-2002, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: