Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
canna change law physics

Garage
To be Fair!!!

For the money, this one looks pretty good _AND_ they tell you it is custom.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1849667751

Of course, I'd lose that AirDam before I drove it away....

Question for the Massachusetts people: Early Titles. In NY, cars prior to 1973 do not have titles, only transferrable registration. Is it something simlar in Mass?

James
Old 08-07-2002, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Paul_Heery Send a message via Yahoo to Paul_Heery
I would run from this one as fast as I could. From the data that I have collected, it looks like this seller regularly "flips" cars on eBay. Buy something cheap, slap a coat of paint on it and pocket a few bucks.*

*The above statement is purely personal conjecture. It is based solely on subjective analysis of completed transactions as reported on the eBay web site. I encourage everyone to formulate their own opinion.

I'm also a little put off by part of the description, Mechanically all we had done was driver side front caliper, brake pads, and a brake hose. Sure, slap on a new caliper if it is needed. But, you should always replace the brake pads on both sides of the axel at the same time. What they did is a shortcut, not smart maintenance.
Old 08-07-2002, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

James - Massachusetts title laws can be found here: http://www.state.ma.us/rmv/titles/index.htm
When I bought my '74 back in 1994 it came with paperwork that went back to the last owner that had it registered. He had sold it with a bill of sale in '88 and the two subsequent owners never registered it or applied for a title. After getting a title I tracked him down to see what he knew about the cars past. He knew it's history back to '76, sent me records back to '78 and a title he was issued in 1980!
Old 08-07-2002, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I agree that the car looks pretty good.

Mass does use a title. I bought my car like this and only needed to pay a little extra at the time of registration to get a new title.

I'd be happy to look at the car if anyone was interested.

Maybe I'll even go look at it for myself as I have no idea when of if I'll see my own 914 again. Being unemployed, I have the time.
Old 08-07-2002, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Ed, thanks for the info. I picked up my 914 jones after leaving Massachusetts. I've never registered a car in MA except new.

Other than Paul's comments, car looks good (as best as one can tell by pictures and 1/2 truths ). My biggest issue with the car is the title situation.

I almost bought that 911 on Ebay, in Pittsburgh. It was a fairly nice looking mid-70's Targa 911S. Went for about $5000. No title. Being sold by a towing company.

James
Old 08-07-2002, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: